Friday, September 10, 2010

T Minus Five

...workdays till I say Bubye to what is hopefully my last full-time job. I am giddy with excitement over my future plan. Freelance is the way to go, and this time, I plan on sticking to it.

Unlike how I went freelance in the past, this time it's on my terms. I chose to (as opposed to being forced to) resign from a white-collar job to go...well, collarless. I made the decision to give up the title and a large chunk of money in exchange for control over my own time. It's the most liberating thing I've ever done without taking my shoes off.

Never again would I be caught dead trying to market an unmarketable business with a zero-based marketing budget. By no means would I have to hear another accountant tell me I can't start a sentence with "And". No more would I be constantly challenged by Miss Know-It-All – "All" except 1) who makes the iPod Touch; and 2) how to spell "Chris".

I'm not complaining. I'm really not. Every shitty job is an eye opener. I can truly say I've gained invaluable experience here over the past nine months that I just wouldn't have elsewhere. And (*accountant gasps*) for that, I am grateful from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: