Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get Me a Pole and I'll Show You

Finally got a chance to try out pole dancing with a couple of friends. $200 per pax bought us a 90-minute "trial party" where 17 girls plus an instructor shared five poles, some laughs and a lot of confused looks. Sexy, confused looks.

We weren't afraid to flaunt our firefighter moves, except for me with my wimpy arms. Soon before long we were thrusting hips and pouting lips. One girl in particular perhaps showed a little more potential for a first timer than called for. The most impressive move we learned had to be the twirling, much like that executed by Natalie Portman in Closer the moment Jude Law saw her in the strip club. It's surprisingly effortless and feels a bit like going down the swirly slide on the playground. I have such an urge to twirl some more I don’t think I’ll ever see a signpost the same way again.

Only towards the end of the class did the instructor put on music. By then we had learned a whole "routine" which we were to practise with supposed sexy music in the background. But soon as a remix of "Touch My Body" came on, all I could think of was this rendition of the song I recently discovered, regrettably:

No comments: