Friday, March 6, 2009

The Search is On

I don’t want a job, but society would have me believe that I need one. Recruitment agencies have never been really helpful in my job search, and none of them has stepped up to prove otherwise just yet. So I’ve been relying on good old JobsDB and its match-making magic. I’m reluctant to update my online resume because I always get bombarded with resume requests for days to follow ― requests from insurance companies trying to recruit insurance agents in its many disguises: agency manager, business manager, management trainee, financial planner, etc. And no matter how I set the filter, they always manage to creep into my inbox.

Not all job search engines are created equal. I’m barely amazed by the decent job JobsDB does, but why has the competition remained so far behind? I get “matched jobs” by email from Career Times and Classified Post too, but they are just almost never relevant.

The email job alert from Classified Post rang in with 10 jobs today, all but one of no interest to me. No surprise there. The only one that looked remotely relevant to my past experience left me very, very puzzled ― at first by poorly written tag lines, then by a sudden and total loss of sense.

TEACHERS WANTED

You want to be a “teacher” of your own will but not any curriculum?
You want to control your own career path but not your supervisor?
You want your devotion and effort be awarded with incentive?

We want members from the teaching profession.

After passing Paper I Principles & Practice of Insurance and Paper III Long Term Insurance during your Easter Holiday, we offer you an internship program as a financial planner during your Summer Holiday.
What? And more importantly ― What?

No comments: