Monday, January 7, 2008

It may be too soon to say...

...but it’s likely that I’ll be starting a new job within the coming week. The job offer hasn’t even been finalized and I’ve already started thinking about possible vacation spots for the Chinese New Year holidays. Outstanding credit card bills and the upcoming tax payment aren’t enough to put out my fiery urge to travel.

It’s almost embarrassing to have been back in Hong Kong for six years and not having visited Thailand, ever. For 98.5% of Hong Kongers, Trannyland is the number-one destination for a cheap holiday. For someone who loves the sun and beach as much as I do (albeit terrified of open waters), it’s a mystery how I’ve managed to be a stranger to the tropical paradise for so long.

So for 2008, I’m promising myself at least one amazing trip to Thailand. I’m not big on Thai food, but I heard there’re fantastic French meals to be devoured there at dirt-cheap prices. And to make the trip even more worthwhile, I’ve already been saving up months of tension, mostly in my upper back, to be released in a land spa, spa away.

No comments: