Friday, November 23, 2007

Snow

It started snowing today in Toronto.

I miss snow. I remember the first time I saw snow like it was yesterday. I was just outside my classroom in sixth grade. We had one of those portable classrooms made out of cargo containers, placed some distance outside the school building. It was lunch, kids were playing, and all of a sudden someone said "snow."

The snowflakes landing on my clothes stayed intact just long enough for me to observe their different patterns; before that I had trouble believing each snowflake was unique. I looked up and watched as they floated and slowly made their way down. I was very, very happy. Maybe that’s when I started developing my thing for snowglobes.

My sentiment for snow gradually changed as I got older and was handed such chores as shuffling and getting snow tires.

I miss Toronto.

No comments: